It is exciting that Rob Salisbury and Monika Newman have again produced a compilation e-book covering contributions from leaders in the professional speaking industry who are based in many countries. Congratulations to both Rob and Monika on the excellence of their endeavours and for producing “Motivating Your Mind – Inspiring Your Spirit”.
I’m delighted to have again been invited to write an article for this, their latest book. It shows the power of networking! I have known Rob for many years, in fact, since 2003 when I joined the National Speakers Association of Australia, now known as Professional Speakers Australia. Rob is one of the past presidents having held top leadership positions in the organisation. Through him I was introduced to Monika and we interacted at various conferences, conventions and chapter meetings in Australia. These encounters are interesting as I’m based in South Africa (but visit Australia as often as possible), Monika is based in Sydney, Australia and Rob in Singapore!
What intrigues me, too, is how I have met and know so many of the contributers and their writing is a reflection of their professional speaking, training and coaching careers. So this book really is a consolidation of relationships built over time.
As a contributer I’m delighted to share “Motivating Your Mind – Inspiring Your Spirit for 2017” with you on a complimentary basis. To access your free copy please follow these steps:
- Click here.
- Scroll down on the table of contents and click on Brenda Eckstein.
- Click on the download button in the top right hand corner of your screen or right click on the download button to either do a direct download or to save to your dropbox.
Once downloaded, my article can easily be found. In the table of contents, click on Brenda Eckstein and this will lead you to:
- Punctuate your Life with Purpose – page 30 - 31
Enjoy reading the rest of the book, too.
My questions for you are:
- Which articles are most relevant to the work you do?
- How can you use specific ideas in other areas of your life – for example in community work?
- Who are the writers whose work most appeals to you?
- In which ways could you follow Rob and Monika’s example – or connect with them?
- What could you to do to connect with the writers of these articles?
- How are you going to build relationships through reading these stories?